Users face any new error with each new version of Windows 10, which hampers their user experience. One such mistake is that users see that Bluetooth doesn’t work on their Windows computers. Since Bluetooth is used in many protocols for data sharing, these errors can lead to many communication problems and other data transfer problems. If you see that Bluetooth does not work on your computer, test these solutions to repair yourself. Let’s fix Bluetooth drivers on windows 10.
Bluetooth drivers not working on Windows 10
If you face the Bluetooth drivers issue, Just follow the below guides:
- Update your Bluetooth drivers.
- Check the status of Bluetooth service and restart it.
- Reconnect the Bluetooth device
- Run the hardware troubleshooter.
Update your Bluetooth drivers
One of the most common reasons why the Bluetooth drivers may not work on your computer is due to outdated drivers. Maintaining the system drivers current is very important for the hardware to work properly. If the Bluetooth drivers are outdated, the adapter may fail and normally not work. However, In order to fix the Bluetooth drivers update it.
Restart the Bluetooth service
The Windows 10 Bluetooth service is responsible for maintaining the connection between the connected devices via Bluetooth. So if the support service is stopped or corrupted, this could cause the Bluetooth devices to fail.
Restarting the Bluetooth service is supposed to fix this problem. Follow these steps for the same issue:
- Open a Run dialogue by simultaneously pressing Win + R.
- Type services.MSC and press Enter to launch the Services console.
- Here, double click on the Bluetooth Support Service to launch the properties window for the same.
- Check the status of the service. If the service is not running, simply click on the Start button to start the service.
- If you see the service is already running, click on the Stop button to stop the service. Wait for some time and then click on the Start button to restart the service.
- Click on Apply followed by OK to save the changes.
So, now you must be able to connect your devices to your computer without any errors.
Reconnect the Bluetooth device
If you have not been helped by restarting the Bluetooth service, try removing the connection from your device and reconnect it. This is supposed to refresh the connection and help you fix your error. To remove and reconnect the device, follow the following steps:
- Go to control panel of your Windows 10 device.
- Click on Devices and Printers after changing the layout to small icons from the drop-down menu.
- Locate the misbehaving device and right-click on it.
- Select Remove device from the context menu.
- Unplug the dongle or adapter if there is any for the device, and connect it back.
- Click on Add a device from the ribbon menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add your device to the computer.
Adding the device again needs to refresh the connection so that your error can be fixed.
Run the hardware troubleshooter to fix Bluetooth drivers
If you suspect that there is a hardware component issue, you can try running a Hardware Troubleshooter. The built-in Troubleshooters will solve problems by finding any errors within Windows 10, and you should be able to fix the Bluetooth error as well.
Allow Bluetooth devices to locate your PC
There is a setting in Windows 10 that can prevent Bluetooth from connecting to your device. If this setting is disabled, no device will be able to connect to your computer, even if the adapter is connected and works fine. If this is the reason why your Bluetooth devices will not work, Meanwhile, follow the below steps:
- Open the Devices and Printers section of the control panel, As already shown before.
- Find and right-click on your PC.
- Select Bluetooth Settings from the additional menu.
4. As shown in the Bluetooth Settings window that opens, make sure that the box next to Allow Bluetooth Devices to find this PC is enabled.
You should be able to connect your devices to your Windows 10 device via Bluetooth. When you have enabled this setting.