Windows Server is a specialized operating system designed for server use only. In this guide, I’ll show you how to activate Windows 10 with KMS Key on your VPS or dedicated FREE server using the KMS client product key. While the KMS license is valid for 180 days only, there is no limit on the number of activations. So, anytime you want, you may renew it. Actually, the license will be renewed automatically every 7 days by default (almost similar to Let’s Encrypt certificate). In this way, just do it one time and forget it completely.
- If you are a student, an office worker or any standard user who is using a desktop edition of Windows, just skip this post and please do not follow the instructions. I will not be responsible for any damage caused by you.
- All editions of Windows Server in the Microsoft homepage are evaluation ones and not supported by KMS. So if you are using an evaluation version, just convert it to the retail one before following the below instruction.
- Windows Server, version 1809, 1803, 1709.
- Windows Server 2019/2016.
- Windows Server 2008/2012 (R2).
Now, As you can see in the picture above, I’m using Windows Server 2016 Standard and it’s not activated.
Install KMS client key and activate windows 10
Running KMS commands in command prompt manually
#1. Get the right product key from the official article of Microsoft.
The KMS Client Setup Key of WS 2016 Standard is “WC2BQ-8NRM3-FDDYY-2BFGV-KHKQY”. I will use it in the next step.
#2. Install the key on your server.
Meanwhile, To open the command prompt, click on the Windows button, search for “cmd” and run the command prompt as administrator. Then, enter “slmgr /ipk CLIENTKEY” in the command window.
Note: each command is followed by hitting Enter.
#3. Set the KMS server.
Enter “slmgr /skms kms8.msguides.com” in the window.
#4. Activate the KMS client key.
Finally, use the command “/ato” to activate your Windows.
#5. Finally, Go to your PC settings and check your windows activation.
In this guide, I explained how to activate all windows 10 versions using KMS Key. I hope this content would be helpful for you. If you faced any problem during these Parts, please put your thoughts in comments:)